Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Knowledge Management Engineer
Expires: December 06, 2021
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION IN ENGLISH VIA THE APPLY BUTTON BELOW. WE DO NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS SENT BY EMAIL.
We are looking for a Knowledge Management Engineer on behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA) for their location in Noordwijk, The Netherlands, to join their Knowledge Management Office. Under the direct authority of the Coordinator of Corporate Knowledge Management Team, the post holder will contribute to the development and implementation of the projects and activities that are part of the ESA’s Knowledge Management (KM) roadmap; including KM projects planning and implementation. The post holder will contribute to the four areas of KM at ESA: Knowledge from People, Knowledge from Projects (i.e. Lessons Learned), Knowledge from Information and Data and ESA Library Services.
Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe and not by ESA.
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
Questions about this position?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support the development and the implementation of the ESA KM roadmap in line with ESA Digital Agenda for Space;
- Support the development and the maintenance of ESA Knowledge Map gathering contribution from ESA directorates and services.
- Support the definition, the design and the implementation of new KM related projects in line with the strategic objectives and directorates needs:
- When appropriate, liaise with contractor companies in charge of KM projects to ensure the duly and timely implementation of agreed requirements;
- In collaboration with and in support to HR, contribute actively to ad-hoc HR related projects e.g. competency management, learning and development, training function;
- In collaboration with ESA Corporate IT, analyse and test KM related IT solutions and tools; monitor their use and measure their effectiveness;
- Support the development of the necessary procedures to promote KM in a systematic way and ensure compliance with ISO (ISO 30401:2018);
- In cooperation with ESA Communication Office, promote actively the importance of KM by developing KM awareness programs to inform staff and external customers of KM resources and systems; contribute to the outreach and promotion of ESA’s KM programme;
- Support the work on opening ESA library worldwide by identifying materials that can be published, suitable platforms and creating the necessary governance for maintenance and update;
- Coordinate the organization of events, such as KM workshops and conferences.