Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Radio Navigation Engineer
Expires: September 28, 2021
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION IN ENGLISH VIA THE APPLY BUTTON BELOW. WE DO NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS SENT BY EMAIL.
We are looking for a Radio Navigation Engineer who will be working mainly on supporting the Galileo Ground Segment processing facilities. The successful candidate will be working on the below tasks:
Questions about this position?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Evaluation of GMS design and evolution, with a specific focus on GMS Algorithms and performances (incl. RAMS aspects) ensuring the design, development, deployment, verification, tuning and validation of the Ground Segment functions that generate and monitor the navigation products (i.e. Ephemeris, Clock, Group Delay, Code & Phase Biases, etc. ...) in line with the allocated performances for service provision (i.e. accuracy, continuity, integrity and availability requirements) and development constraints.
- Evaluate GMS design evolutions for robustness improvements (e.g barrier enhancement and new functions).
- Follow-up of the procurement actions related to the implementation of a set of GMS Elements; including support to the monitoring of industrial contracts for the developments and generating and reviewing relevant documentation such as technical requirements.
- Participation to GMS related Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) activities, such as test cases definition and preparation, formal tests witnessing, Verification Credit collection at Element and Segment level, anomalies follow-up at Element, Segment and System level.
- Support to GMS engineering activities, as well as Galileo System level engineering activities, such as requirement engineering, change management and baseline evolutions (DCPs/DCNs), assessment of contractor’s RFDs/RFWs; new services evaluation and contribution to proposal assessments.
- Contribution to GMS and System reviews and support to Galileo Ground Segment next generation developments.