Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Engineer for GCS Networks
Expires: September 28, 2021
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION IN ENGLISH VIA THE APPLY BUTTON BELOW. WE DO NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS SENT BY EMAIL.
We are looking for an Engineer for GCS Networks on behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA) for their location in Noordwijk, The Netherlands, to join their Ground Control Segment Management Unit.
Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe and not by ESA.
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
Questions about this position?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support and follow up the procurement carried out by the Ground Control Segment (GCS) Prime industrial contractor for the SCCF elements:
- Ensure from a technical point of view that the element is correctly implemented, tested, delivered and verified, such that it is acceptable for integration into the GCS and meets the overall ESA requirements: The follow-up of GCS design activities at segment level (architecture, performances, security); The follow-up of GCS Assembly, Integration and Validation (AIV) activities; The contribution to the definition of the operations related to the GCS.
- Ensure that the procurement process, in particular every review milestone, is carried out in accordance with the element SOW and any specific rules defined in agreed GCS Prime “Organizational Notes”;
- Resolve directly with the GCS Prime all minor technical and programmatic problems, including the management of Evolution Maintenance Requests, covering enhancements requested by the Operations team;
- In all activities, maintain a constant awareness of the cost and schedule impact of any decisions made, carefully trading off the benefits to the mission against any possible delays and additional costs for topics related to Networks.
- Interface with other areas of the project on Network related topics:
- Support and interactions with other areas of the project (systems, space segment, operations, GMS, Security) for the provision of expertise related to GCS interfaces and functionality for the topics related to Networks and cybersecurity;
- In particular, interactions with the Systems team, especially for the following system integration aspects: Review of system integration test procedures, test data, RVMs, VCDs; Provision of GCS interface verification status information; Updates (DCPs, DCNs) for external ICDs; Support to the EB UNCLA when required and main point of contact for the EB CLA;
- Participate actively in the Networks Change Request and Anomaly Review Boards.
- Support the preparation of G2G Procurement actions in the area of Networks:
- Support the G2G procurement activities related to the GCS aspects and extended to other areas as required;
- Contribute to the definition of the Ground Segment requirements;
- Technical management of study contracts placed with European industry, including technical follow-up of industrial teams as required;
- Follow up of Phase B0 and preparation of Phase B1;
- Evaluation of proposals and support to reviews.
- Report on progress and status of the development and other activities to the Head of Galileo G1 GCS Management Service:
- Inform the GCS Technical Manager of any major technical and programmatic problem having cost and schedule impact;
- Regularly report on the status of the Networks development within GCS;
- Regularly report on the follow-up of G2G developments.