Noordwijk, the Netherlands
IT System Administrator - Windows
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION IN ENGLISH VIA THE APPLY BUTTON BELOW. WE DO NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS SENT BY EMAIL.
We are looking for an IT System Administrator on behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA) for their location in Noordwijk, The Netherlands. The selected candidate will join our high-tech technical IT group to provide first and second level support to the end users and will work in the department’s Windows environment.
Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe and not by ESA.
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
Questions about this position?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Assessing the stability, security, and scalability of installed Windows systems; Schedule and implement regular patching of the systems in coordination with corporate IT infrastructure and information security teams;
- Planning and executing edge systems and server upgrades. Manage workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor-specific hardware/software, and all Microsoft technology i.e. AD, GPOs, O365, etc.;
- Assist lab and facility users in system upgrades and maintenance, including but not limited to, add and/or remove memory, hard drives, network cards, … ;
- Deploy and administer Windows virtual servers and physical server products and services, including on premise Vmware cluster and organization’s cloud based solution;
- Create and administer policy and windows based applications ;
- Coordinate hardware repair activities;
- Schedule and monitor data backups;
- Monitor system performance, review system error logs and user-reported incidents;
- Compliance to SLA on any IT Operations processes in an 8x5 operating environment;
- Use of the available IT Service Management tools to accurately register each incident, request, problem, change, or asset record while ensuring accurate documentation is entered for each record;
- Develop scripts to simplify and support IT operations;
- Application of analytical skills to perform root cause analysis and communicate to the defined escalation path;
- Collaborate with team members on incident resolution and IT infrastructure projects execution;
- Maintain good supplier relationships and ensure compliance with licensing and support agreements;
- Follow software and hardware asset lifecycle management procedures;
- Develop and maintain system documentation along with status updates reporting.