Junior IT Support Technician - ESA HQ, France
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION IN ENGLISH VIA THE APPLY BUTTON BELOW. WE DO NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS SENT BY EMAIL.
ATG Europe is recognized as a leading provider of specialized engineering, scientific and technical services to the aerospace and high-tech industry. Our headquarters is located in the heart of the European space industry in the Noordwijk Space Business Park, in close proximity of ESA/ESTEC, the European Space Agency's main technology centre. We are operating in other European countries such as France, Italy, Germany, UK, Spain, Belgium and France. Always close to our customers.
We are currently hiring an IT Support Technician to support our team at our customer, the European Space Agency in its headquarters in Paris, with 1st and 2nd level call resolution (on location and/or remotely) mainly for Windows devices and on occasion Apple Devices.
We are hiring on behalf of our client the European Space Agency however, you will be employed by ATG Europe and join the team of experienced technicians working in an efficient way to contribute to the most amazing missions the European Space Agency is busy with such as sending astronauts to the International Space Station or participating in the scientific missions on Mars.
Isn't it amazing to be part of the history?
Questions about this position?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Your mission in contributing to the wider European Space Programs starts with making sure every staff member of the European Space Agency has a workstation, either PC or a laptop, whether this is a new one or replacement of the existing one or whether this is a printer, a mobile phone or any other device.
- You will simply be a go to person to provide your expertise, as well as the 1st and 2nd level support in delivery and deployment of such systems.
- Regarding user requests, you will do hands-on evaluating, categorizing and logging them while you offer the best service to solve any issue the users may have with their equipment.
- We are committed to providing the highest standard of service and quality and in order to do that we learn tirelessly and we share our knowledge in an open and transparent way and via different knowledge databases available to us. Therefore, you should be someone who is willing to constantly learn and develop personally and professionally.
- Our voices are heard loud and clear when it comes sharing what we know or improving what needs to be improved, such as procedures and working instructions.
- We also like to keep our records accurate, therefore you will be in charge of performing the inventory checks, keeping the numbers in order and preparing reports when needed.
- In this position, you will be constantly communicating with the users whether this is about the technical and functional use of the ESA Corporate services and applications or about any other issues regarding the call status, installations, relocations and recovery of equipment.
- In order to perform this job efficiently and as expected, you will be supported by your team and management as soon as you start where you will be offered proper hands-on training and if you need to develop yourself further, no need to worry as we offer a generous training budget to cover your learning needs.