Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Prodex and Future Mission System Engineer
Expires: August 11, 2021
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION IN ENGLISH VIA THE APPLY BUTTON BELOW. WE DO NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS SENT BY EMAIL.
We are looking for a Prodex and Future Mission System Engineer on behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA) for their location in Noordwijk, The Netherlands, to join their Planetary Exploration and Solar System Missions Unit.
Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe and not by ESA.
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
Questions about this position?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide inputs to and support to the definition of the programme of work for the development of the PRODEX experiments within the scientific institutes, in line with the instructions received from the PRODEX management. This task will include support to the review of the experiment proposals, the preparation, the implementation and the monitoring of the research agreements between the Institutes and the PRODEX Office.
- Assist in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of industrial contracts. This includes: Provide inputs to the preparation of Tender Documents, participate in proposal evaluations, prepare inputs to subsequent contract negotiations, monitor the end-to-end development of the activities contracted to the industrial consortia; Support the monitoring of the technical, schedule and financial status of the developments assigned to her/him, identify potential problem areas and recommend solutions.
- Liaise between scientific institutes and industry when contracts are running;
- Interface internally with the ESA project teams or specialists on technical/programmatic matters and with the ESA-ESTEC administration regarding the financial and contractual matters;
- Provide Management and Programmatic inputs to the PRODEX Office management as required;
- Prepare / provide inputs to reports as required;
- Assist with the administrative tasks of the PRODEX Office and with administrative tasks related to experiment and project implementation.