Noordwijk, the Netherlands
IT System Administrator - Linux
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION IN ENGLISH VIA THE APPLY BUTTON BELOW. WE DO NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS SENT BY EMAIL.
We are looking for an IT System Administrator on behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA) for their location in Noordwijk, The Netherlands. The selected candidate will join our high-tech technical IT group to provide first and second level support to the end users and will work in the department’s HPC cluster Linux environment.
Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe and not by ESA.
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
Questions about this position?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- 90 nodes CentOS 7 cluster for engineering simulations (separate cluster for GPU nodes);
- Altair Access job scheduler and PBSworks workload manager;
- IBM Spectrum scale in a multi-tiered storage setup;
- High-performance local Infiniband 40 and 100 Gbit/s connectivity;
- Maintenance and support of Dell EMC Isilon storage (see “Technology Skills”);
- Provide on-site technical support;
- Assist lab and facility users in system upgrades and maintenance, including but not limited to, add and/or remove memory, hard drives, network cards, … ;
- Participate in data centre rack management activities;
- Compliance to SLA on any IT Operations processes in an 8x5 operating environment;
- Use of the available IT Service Management tools to accurately register each incident, request, problem, change, or asset record while ensuring accurate documentation is entered for each record;
- Develop scripts to simplify and support IT operations;
- Application of analytical skills to perform root cause analyses to apply a resolution and use defined escalation path when required;
- Collaborate with team members on planning and executing IT infrastructure upgrade projects;
- Maintain good supplier relationships and ensure compliance with licensing and support agreements;
- Software and hardware asset lifecycle management following procedures;
- Develop and maintain system documentation.