Embedded Software Engineer
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION IN ENGLISH VIA THE APPLY BUTTON BELOW. WE DO NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS SENT BY EMAIL.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer on behalf of our client for their location near Stuttgart, Germany.
Thales Alenia Space Deutschland (TAS-D) develops the newest generation Software Defined Radio (SDR) to be used as communications payload on small and nano satellites. This SDR shall be used for a variety of different missions in the scope of the “Internet of the Things” (IOT). For the SDR payload development, we use several hardware platforms, including microcontrollers with ARM-based processors, and also the newest generation of multi-processor system on chip (MPSOC), containing a FPGA and several ARM processors.
This scope of this position is the area of software development for the SDR payload, supporting the different projects and activities of TAS-D in this domain.
The successful applicant will be employed by ATG Europe and not by our Client.
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
Questions about this position?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Understanding of the payload functions and analysis of system technical requirements in order to determine the software specification, the design, the interfaces, and the verification concept;
- Technical planning of the software development aligned with the payload development. Estimation and conduction of the SW development activities;
- Software implementation in C/C++;
- Integration of the solution at system level, including Hardware, Software and Firmware components;
- Verification and Validation of the solution, including functional and performance tests;
- Support for test activities at system level, including testbeds “in-the-field” (if applicable);
- Analysis and correction of anomalies raised;
- Contribution to the software documentation of the product.