Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Radiation Effects Engineer
Expires: August 04, 2021
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION IN ENGLISH VIA THE APPLY BUTTON BELOW. WE DO NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS SENT BY EMAIL.
We are looking for a Radiation Effects Engineer, on behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA), for their location in Noordwijk, The Netherlands, to support the Component Space Evaluation and Radiation Effects Section.
Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe and not by ESA.
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
Questions about this position?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide support to the Agency’s Projects in the field of EEE component Radiation Hardness Assurance;
- Prepare and conduct radiation tests campaigns including developing test set-up and subsequent data analysis (with emphasis on TID, DD and SEE) on EEE components, test structures and materials in support of Agency’s projects, studies, evaluation, qualification or radiation hardening activities;
- Define relevant radiation studies, experimental and development activities (also including in- flight component radiation characterisation experiments); to initiate and manage such activities implemented under ESA contracts;
- Support the sections’ standardisation activities, particularly those involving general Radiation Hardness Assurance procedures, irradiation test guidelines (SEE, TID and Displacement Damage), modelling and simulation issues;
- Conduct simulations of radiation effects in components and materials using suitable device physics based SW-tools and to produce new or improve existing models;
- Coordinate such activities with internal and external partners and promote the results achieved in the form of publications, presentations and training to be provided.