Noordwijk, the Netherlands
Galileo GMS IVQ Engineer
Expires: July 06, 2021
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION IN ENGLISH VIA THE APPLY BUTTON BELOW. WE DO NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS SENT BY EMAIL.
We are looking for a Galileo GMS IVQ Engineer on behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA) for their location in Noordwijk, The Netherlands, to support their GALILEO Ground Mission Segment (GMS) team working on GALILEO Ground Segment processing facilities.
Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe and not by ESA.
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
Questions about this position?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Evaluate the GMS design and evolution, with a specific focus on GMS Algorithms and performances (incl. RAMS aspects);
- Ensure the design, development, deployment, verification, tuning and validation of the Ground Segment functions that generate and monitor the navigation products (i.e. Ephemeris, Clock, Group Delay, Code & Phase Biases, etc. ...) in line with the allocated performances for service provision (i.e. accuracy, continuity, integrity and availability requirements) and development constraints;
- Evaluate GMS design evolutions for robustness improvements (eg. barrier enhancement and new functions);
- Follow-up of the procurement actions related to the implementation of a set of GMS Elements; including support to the monitoring of industrial contracts for the developments and generating and reviewing relevant documentation such as technical requirements;
- Participate in GMS related Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) activities, such as test cases definition and preparation, formal tests witnessing, Verification Credit collection at Element and Segment level, anomalies follow-up at Element, Segment and System level;
- Support to GMS engineering activities, as well as Galileo System level engineering activities, such as requirement engineering, change management and baseline evolutions (DCPs/DCNs), assessment of contractor’s RFDs/RFWs; new services evaluation and contribution to proposal assessments;
- Contribute to GMS and System reviews and support to Galileo Ground Segment next generation developments.