Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Expires: June 23, 2021
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION IN ENGLISH VIA THE APPLY BUTTON BELOW. WE DO NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS SENT BY EMAIL.
We are looking for a Mechanisms Engineer on behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA) for their location in Noordwijk, The Netherlands, to join their Mechanisms Section.
Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe and not by ESA.
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
Questions about this position?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Mechanisms support to all ESA project directorates with respect to the implementation of space mechanism technologies in current and future missions, including configuration assessments and mission performance evaluation;
- Establish Statement of Work and Preliminary Requirement Specifications for Mechanism Systems, Individual Mechanisms or Mechanism components dedicated to Technology and Research & Development;
- Perform and support in the role of Mechanism engineer, System Level Mission Definition studies and system conceptual design activities in support of the ESA long term/future mission plans;
- Identify enabling mechanism and tribological technologies for future ESA missions;
- Support investigations of mechanisms being out of performance, including malfunctions and contingency scenarios;
- Support and contribute to the establishment and maintenance of the Space Mechanisms ECSS Engineering Standards;
- Generate and set-up of appropriate space mechanisms analysis and simulation models using analysis tools based on technical documentation of space mechanisms. Back up and archiving of analysis models for later retrieval.