Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Solar Generators Engineer
Expires: June 24, 2021
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION IN ENGLISH VIA THE APPLY BUTTON BELOW. WE DO NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS SENT BY EMAIL.
We are looking for a Solar Generators Engineer on behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA) for their location in Noordwijk, The Netherlands, to join their Solar Generators Section.
Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe and not by ESA.
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
Questions about this position?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Functional support to ESA spacecraft programmes (and other European projects, if required) for space solar generator design, manufacturing and testing, including the provision of independent, technical assessment in Project Reviews;
- Define, promote and implement the technological research programme for advanced photovoltaic generator technology, including solar cells, photovoltaic assembly processes and components (e.g. cover-glasses), solar generator subsystems, environmental effects models, testing methods and test facilities;
- Maintain the ESA solar generator laboratory facilities and perform engineering qualification tests;
- Define and implement European standards in the solar generator domain;
- Provide functional support to one or several ESA satellite projects;
- Monitor qualification and test programs for body mounted and deployable solar arrays utilizing advanced solar cells;
- Supervise industrial contracts for research and development of solar cells and modules (including next generation multi-junction solar cell and solar generator technologies, concentrator systems and experiments on space environmental effects on the solar generators);
- Assist the EPG section team with solar array related design and qualification issues and with characterisation and environmental tests of solar cells, modules and solar generators.