Telecommunications Satellite Payload Engineer
Expires: May 18, 2021
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION IN ENGLISH VIA THE APPLY BUTTON BELOW. WE DO NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS SENT BY EMAIL.
On behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA), we are looking for a Telecommunications Satellite Payload Engineer for their location in Harwell, UK, to join their Space Segment Section.
Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe and not by ESA.
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
Questions about this position?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support the initiation of activities related to technology and product development for payload applications.
- Support the establishment and control of relevant ESA requirements, specifications and general documentation.
- Evaluation, support to negotiation, monitoring and control of development contracts and activities.
- Preparation of inputs to status reports.
- Contribute to the preparation of technology and product development work plans.
- Support other members of the TIA-TTP section on their projects and share expertise within the section.
- Monitor market and technology trends and developments in the area of satellite communication.
- Cooperate with specialists in other ESA departments.
- Identify any issues during the procurement phase, the running or closing of an activity, and flag them for attention in a timely manner.
- Support the timely preparation of papers for Adjudication Committee meetings or Delegate bodies (IPC, JCB), with high quality standards.
- Provide inputs for the Department Business Intelligence management system.
- Support TIA communication activities in line with the ESA TIA Communication Policy rules.
- Follow the relevant and applicable ISO procedures.
- Maintain the required level of confidentiality and security as defined in the ESA Security Directives.