The Netherlands, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION IN ENGLISH VIA THE APPLY BUTTON BELOW. WE DO NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS SENT BY EMAIL.
We have multiple positions for Network Technicians to provide support to visits, event and productions on site. The position can be based in one of the below locations:
ESA/ESTEC, Noordwijk, the Netherlands;
ESA/ESOC, Darmstadt, Germany;
ESA HQ, Paris, France;
ESA/ECSAT, Harwell, United Kingdom;
ESA/ESRIN, Frascati, Italy (candidates falling under categorie protette L.68/99 are encouraged to apply);
ESA/ESAC, Madrid, Spain;
ESA/EAC, Cologne, Germany.
We are hiring on behalf of our client European Space Agency however, the successful applicant will be employed by ATG Europe and not by ESA and will be tasked with, but not limited to:
Questions about this position?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Managing access control for the individual IT racks at our client's site;
- Providing IT hardware installation support and ensuring all installations are done in line with applicable standards & procedure;
- Providing smart hands problem solving support on request, e.g. server re-boots, visual inspections, etc;
- Monitoring, coordinating and following-up on routine activities or installations;
- Coordinating IT infrastructure and server/wiring rooms changes and incidents with the relevant end users, stakeholders or 3rd party industrial teams, e.g. Corporate, OPS, OPS-IT, facility management, RSS, external service providers i.e. Telecoms, IT support providers, etc;
- Interacting closely with the local facility management teams for all power and cooling aspects with regards to IT infrastructure installations;
- Supporting network and IT infrastructure related maintenance activities in close cooperation with the responsible teams;
- Acting as local interface for all 3rd party telecommunication carriers for local installation and maintenance works on site, when needed;
- Managing functional and hierarchical escalation of incidents and requests to the appropriate teams and interfaces;
- Coordinating, planning and executing the move of equipment and network connections, in particular support the planning and execution of the move of the IT components from the T01 MER to the new T03 IT facilities;
- Coordinating and triggering disposal of installed device no longer in use;
- Ensuring that the local IT environment and in particular the T03 main server room is properly documented in esaDCIM and keep the management tool up-todate.