PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION IN ENGLISH VIA THE APPLY BUTTON BELOW. WE DO NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS SENT BY EMAIL.
On behalf of our client, the European Space Agency, we are looking for a full time Network Technician for their locations in Redu (ESEC) and Transinne (Galaxia), Belgium, to provide support to visits, event and productions on site. The position requires availability to cover ESA Bruxelles Office on request.
Please note, the successful applicant will be employed by ATG Europe and not by ESA.
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
Questions about this position?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage access control for the individual IT racks at ESEC site;
- Provide IT hardware installation support and ensure all installations are done in line with applicable standards & procedure;
- Provide on request smart hands problem solving support (e.g. server re-boots, visual inspections);
- Monitor, coordinate and follow-up on routine activities/installations;
- Coordinate IT infrastructure and server/wiring rooms changes and incidents with the relevant end users, stakeholders or 3rd party industrial teams (e.g. Corporate, OPS, OPS-IT, facility management, RSS, external service providers i.e. Telecoms, IT support providers, etc.);
- Closely interact with the local facility management teams for all power and cooling aspects with regards to IT ESEC IT infrastructure installations;
- Support network and IT infrastructure related maintenance activities in close cooperation with the responsible teams;
- When needed act as local interface for all 3rd party telecommunication carriers for local installation and maintenance works on site;
- Manage functional and hierarchical escalation of incidents and requests to the appropriate teams and interfaces;
- Coordinate, plan, execute the move of equipment and network connections, in particular support the planning and execution of the move of the IT components from the T01 MER to the new T03 IT facilities;
- Coordinate and trigger disposal of installed device no longer in use;
- Ensure that the local ESEC IT environment and in particular the T03 main server room is properly documented in esaDCIM and keep the management tool up-todate.