Noordwijk, the Netherlands
IT DOORS Technical Engineer
On behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA), we are looking for a IT DOORS Technical IT Engineer for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their IT Support to Space & Technical Projects Section.
Please note this is an external consultant position not a Staff position.
Questions about this position?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Setup a DOORS environment for various ESA projects and directorates;
- Setup and maintain a Cloud service for DOORS;
- Identify requirements based on classified and unclassified DOORS environments depending on projects needs;
- The user access to the DOORS system will be also from outside ESA firewalls for authorized external users (e.g. Industry, EU, GSA). In the case of access from outside the ESA firewall is necessary, it will be made by means of security tokens, subject to the ESA Security policies. Certain projects might not allow external access from outside ESA firewalls;
- Work closely with corporate IT services to find the best possible solutions for DOORS environments for internal and external users;
- Specification and set up of DOORS projects for users if requested;
- Provide assistance in the technical and functional use of the applications under the Contractor’s responsibility;
- Address requests related to applications and products out of his scope to the relevant support groups keeping the user informed;
- The contractor shall provide expert advice regarding current system functionality and respond to:
- Requests for manipulation of the database (e.g. generation of specific script for data upload, application configuration, etc.);
- Requests for data extraction, ad-hoc reports, etc;
- Troubleshooting applications errors not requiring intervention of the development team.