Noordwijk The Netherlands
Technology Harmonisation Engineer
Expires: February 17, 2021
On behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA), we are looking for a Technology Harmonisation Engineer for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their Technology Coordination & Planning Office.
Please note this is an external consultant position not a Staff position.
Questions about this position?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Technology Planning;
- Piloting the Technology Harmonisation process at European level leading to roadmaps agreed by ESA Programmes, Technical Domain leaders, Member States and industry and monitoring the implementation;
- Providing a secretariat function for the Technology Harmonisation Advisory Group and Technology Advisory Working Group;
- Establishing the European Space Technology Master Plan;
- Maintaining a database of industrial capabilities consistent with harmonisation dossiers and roadmaps, and in coordination with D/IPL;
- Supporting industrial policies relating to technologies;
- Interfacing with the EU for technology related matters and coordinating the Agency support to EU technology programmes;
- Leading the coordination with the European Commission and European Defence Agency of critical space technologies for European non dependence;
- Maintaining the end-to-end process for management of technology development within ESA, providing the secretariat function to different working groups, and evolving it as required to improve efficiency and use;
- Evaluating technology development results at aggregate Agency level;
- Contributing to actions supporting Member States in preparing and implementing National technology R&D programmes and projects.