Noordwijk, the Netherlands
VR/AR Lead Engineer
For our internal engineering department, we are currently looking for an experienced Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality Lead Engineer.
In this position, you will be playing a leading role in the R&D, implementation and deployment of our VR/AR solutions for the Space sector.
You will contribute to the introduction of VR/AR technologies at various levels in the Space Engineering process and bring your vision and ideas into the definition of the business strategy of ATG in these revolutionary fields.
You will work closely with our teams of highly skilled engineers and 3D artists to create the next generation of space engineering tools and be a key player in one of the major changes of the space sector of the last decades.
Questions about this position?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Define, design and implement VR/AR experiences and tools;
- Translate customers’ requirements into technical specifications and solutions;
- Oversee and lead productions as project leader;
- Interface with customers, partners and suppliers;
- Contribute to production of proposals;
- Support Business Development activities;
- Required Skills:
- Experience with Unity 3D and C# / Unreal Engine and C++, with a few successful Unity projects in your portfolio;
- Working knowledge of real-time rendering on the GPU;
- Working knowledge of 3D models and types of real-time 3D animation (splines and keyframes, bones, particle systems, point clouds, physics etc.);
- Some familiarity with -and interest in- UI / UX best practices as they relate to VR/AR applications;
- Experience with the basic mathematics (vectors, small matrices) needed to develop a 3D application;
- Strong interest in monitoring the market innovations and industry standards;
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines;
- Strong team player;
- Good communicational and pitching skills.