Telecommunications Satellite Payload Engineer
For our client, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are looking for a Telecommunications Satellite Payload Engineer for their location in Harwell, UK, to join their Space Segment Section.
Questions about this position?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support the initiation of activities related to technology and product development for payload applications.
- Support the establishment and control of relevant ESA requirements, specifications and general documentation.
- Evaluation, support to negotiation, monitoring and control of development contracts and activities.
- Preparation of inputs to status reports.
- Contribute to the preparation of technology and product development work plans.
- Support other members of the TIA-TTP section on their projects and share expertise within the section.
- Monitor market and technology trends and developments in the area of satellite communication.
- Cooperate with specialists in other ESA departments.
- Identify any issues during the procurement phase, the running or closing of an activity, and flag them for attention in a timely manner.
- Support the timely preparation of papers for Adjudication Committee meetings or Delegate bodies (IPC, JCB), with high quality standards.
- Provide inputs for the Department Business Intelligence management system.
- Support TIA communication activities in line with the ESA TIA Communication Policy rules.
- Follow the relevant and applicable ISO procedures.
- Maintain the required level of confidentiality and security as defined in the ESA Security Directives.