Noordwijk, the Netherlands
Microwave/Mm-Wave Technology and Equipment Engineer
Expires: December 02, 2020
On behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA), we are looking for a Microwave/Mm-Wave Technology and Equipment Engineer for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their Radio Frequency Equipment & Techniques Section.
Please note this is an external consultant position not a Staff position.
Questions about this position?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the design, development and performance evaluation of RF equipment and technologies applicable to space and ground segments;
- Provide expert technical support to ESA projects and programmes;
- Development of test beds and characterization of RF Equipment/Payloads, such as:
- Time & frequency equipment e.g. clocks, oscillators, control units, frequency converters;
- RF active equipment e.g. high power amplifier, low noise amplifier, MMICs, Transmit/Receive modules;
- RF passive equipment e.g. filters, switches, ferrite devices;
- RF Payloads for GNSS, Telecom, EO or Science applications;
- Microwave and mm-wave test beds;
- Life- and TVAC test beds.
- Development of software (e.g. Lab View) for automated testing, control and monitoring of RF performance;
- Contribute to the generation of innovative ideas in the field of RF equipment and technologies and to the definition of ESA R&D programmes;
- Define technical requirements and statements of work for the tasks to be performed by industry from early conceptual studies to full hardware development;
- Contribute to the development/usage of section related laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools;
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks.