Noordwijk, the Netherlands
Environmental Control & Life Science Engineer
Expires: November 05, 2020
For our client, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are looking for an Environmental Control & Life Science (ECLS) Engineer for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their Life support and Physical Sciences Instrumentation Section. The main focus of our work is sustainable life support technologies, In Situ Resource Utilization and small payload development for manned and unmanned spaceflight.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Implement and supervise R&D activities in the field of sustainable life support technologies (e.g. MELiSSA), with a specific focus on bioreactors, biochemical processes characterisation, modelling and development;
- Supervise the development of technology demonstrators on board ISS and follow up of operations over its life cycle;
- Implement and supervise R&D activities in the area of In Situ Resource Utilisation;
- Provide project support for manned spaceflight and scientific experiments onboard the ISS;
- Provide support to the management of the MELiSSA project, technical and scientific coordination with MELiSSA partners.