Noordwijk, the Netherlands
Expires: June 26, 2020
For our client, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are looking for a Micro-Electronics Engineer for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their Microelectronics Section.
For our client, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are looking for a Micro-Electronics Engineer for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their Microelectronics Section. The scope of the position is to provide technical support to ESA projects in the domain of Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) used in payloads and platforms of ESA missions of any ESA programme: Navigation, Science, Earth Observation, Telecommunications, Human Space Exploration or Technology.
Questions about this position?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Supervision of the end-to-end development of new FPGAs throughout all the development phases: specification, architectural design, detailed design, place and route, programming and device tests.
- Critical review of the technical documentation, design files, hardware test platforms and software used during the different phases of the FPGA developments.
- Providing technical feedback and advice to ESA and industry mission teams to help achieve successful and on-time/on-budget new FPGA developments and to solve problems related to already developed FPGAs.
- Leading and/or providing support to research internal (in ESTEC Microelectronics Laboratory) and/or external (with companies contracted by ESA) activities in the domain of FPGAs devices and their tool ecosystems for use in space environment.
- Provision of VLSI (ASIC & FPGA) technical expertise to Projects involving requirements analysis, performance and budgets analysis, writing and assessment of VLSI specifications; review, evaluation and checking of industrial contractor's VLSI designs. Identification of design deficiencies and problem areas and proposals for their solutions.
- Design, analysis, verification of VLSI systems for control and data processing applications, and/or signal processing using industrial standard tools, hardware description and programming languages.
- The post holder will support ASIC and/or FPGA technology developments for R&D and /or projects, supervising that good design practices and manufacturing and test methodologies are applied. In addition, independent verification (through code inspection, simulation and timing analysis) and validation (through HW tests) will have to be carried out for some ASIC and FPGAS developments.
- For this specific position, experience working with ASIC technology will be a valued extra asset. The work to be done, however, will be for FPGA and not ASICs.
- When asked to support development contracts regarding the above areas, act as the activity technical responsible, maintain interfaces with the prime contractors, participate in progress meetings and reviews, as requested, and provide appropriate feedback on the achieved progress and discussions;
- When supporting projects, interface with ESA’s project teams, the prime and lower level contractors, participate in progress meetings and reviews, as requested by project work, and provide appropriate feedback on the achieved progress and discussions.